In the first instance, we recommend that you discuss any potential treatments with your doctor.
EuroStemCell also has a clinical trials topic page and publishes regular updates on clinical trials and stem cell treatments.
To search for ongoing clinical trials - in stem cell research as well as other research areas - you can also try searching one of the clinical trials databases: the new EU Clinical Trials Register, NIH's ClinicalTrials.gov, the World Health Organization's International Clinical Trials Registry Platform or Current Controlled Trials. Note that not all trials are listed in these databases.
Some patient organizations also offer a platform for searching for clinical trials.
For more information about the clinical trials process, see:
- EuroStemCell clinical trials and stem cell treatments topic page
- A Closer Look at Stem Cell Treatments - information to help patients and others evaluate stem cell treatments. Includes an outline of the process by which science becomes medicine. Produced by the ISSCR.
- ClinicalTrials.gov - background information, resources and definitions
- What you need to know about stem cell therapies - handbook for patients from University of Alberta, Albany Medical College and the Canadian Stem Cell Network
- ISSCR Patient Handbook on Stem Cell Therapies - 8-page PDF document with patient-oriented information on stem cell therapies and the development of new medical treatments
- Experimental Treatments for Spinal Cord Injuries: What you should know if you are considering participation in a clinical trial - 40 page PDF document produced by International Campaign for Cures of Spinal Cord Injury Paralysis (ICCP) with general information about the clinical trials process as well as specific information about spinal cord injuries.
- Stem cell therapies in MS - 18 page PDF document jointly produced by the national multiple sclerosis societies from UK, Italy, France, USA, Australia and by the International Multiple Sclerosis Federation with general information about the state of the art of stem cell research in multiple sclerosis, including treatment prospects and clinical trial information.
- Clinical trials and stem cells: what patients should consider: a short video (2 minutes) from Stem Cells Australia with Dr Kirsten Herbert offering advice on questions patients should ask when deciding whether to participate in a clinical trial